Terms and conditions
1. Deposit and cancellation: Your initial deposit reserves your event date and order and is non-refundable and non-transferable. We must receive the remainder of the balance no later than 2 weeks (10 working days) prior to the event date or the contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded. The total cost is non-refundable if your order is cancelled within 2 weeks (10 working days) of the order due date.
2. Your cake is baked to be at optimum freshness on the date of your event (if no event date has been specified then the date of collection or delivery is assumed to be the event date). The date of your event should be assumed to be the 'best before' date for your cake. Jen's Cakery cannot guarantee the quality or freshness of cakes after the event date.
3. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed. Changes may be subject to additional charges.
4. Delivery and setup is made according to any directions given by the client; i.e. to the address (venue) listed, on the date indicated by email.
5. Jen’s Cakery are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 15C-23C.
6. If flowers are provided by an outside source you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. Jen’s Cakery are not responsible for the quality or freshness of the flowers provided by an outside source.
7. If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Jen’s Cakery's possession.
8. If you or your representative elect to pick up the cake from Jen's Cakery, you must agree timings for collection in advance, in writing. You will be given an hour slot during which you must arrive for collection. If you arrive outside the pre-arrange time slot, you may not be able to collect your cake as we may be out on other deliveries.
9. On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
10. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, egg, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
11. Portion numbers: our quoted portion numbers are estimates only. Exact numbers will depend on how the caterer cuts the cake. You agree to get approval of cake tier sizes from your caterer, i.e. confirmation that the cake tiers are large enough for the caterer to cut into the required number of portions. Changes to the required cake tier sizes must be made in writing no later than two weeks before the wedding.
12. Colour matching: We will make every effort to match swatches of material or other colour examples you provide as closely as possible, however, some colours simply cannot be recreated in sugarpaste and may not be a perfect match.
13. Late changes are not guaranteed. A late change is any change made within 2 weeks of the date of the event.
14. Cake stand hire:
All cake stand hire requires a deposit to secure hire. The deposit is fully refundable on return of the undamaged stand within 3 days of the event (unless otherwise agreed in writing with Jen’s Cakery) and is subject to the stand being checked for damage with the client. In order to minimise the risk of damage we recommend that you do not wash the stand, or take it to pieces (if applicable). Stands must be returned to Jen’s Cakery within a one-hour slot which we will agree with you in writing before the event.
Enjoyed this? Take a look at our data protection page too!