Hot on the heels of last new year's eve's themed buffet table quiz round, I present to you our 2016/17 NYE buffet table! This year's party theme was songs: everyone dressed as a song, and our quiz was music-based. In a room with quite a few serious music buffs, the quiz was entirely non-serious. Infact, the buffet table round was possibly the closest we got to testing anyone's music knowledge. The kids were slightly mystified by it though ("what's an album?") but the food kept them interested. So, for your enjoyment, here it is. Name the 23 iconic (ahem) albums hidden with this buffet table!
Last year my photography was hampered by the fact I was wearing Madonna's white lace gloves. This year I KNEW I would be hampered by my costume (I went as Nena's 99 Red Balloons) so I managed to take photos earlier!
How many can you guess? How many do you own?? Can you work out my age based on the albums I chose??? (clue: I do not know one single song from number 23). Answers below.........
1. The Cure, Boys Don't Cry.
2. Ride, Going Blank Again.
3. The Smiths, Meat is Murder.
4. Crosbie Stills and Nash, Live it Up. (yeah, ok, I don't know it either, just here for the sausages...)
5. Kylie Minogue, Kylie.
6. Limahl, Never Ending Story. YES IT IS ICONIC.
7. Pink Floyd, Animals.
8. Velvet Underground & Nico.
9. Joy Division, Unknown Pleasures.
10. The Pixies, Trompe Le Monde.
11. Beastie Boys, Licensed to Ill.
12. David Bowie, Blackstar.
13. Happy Mondays, Pills Thrills & Bellyaches.
14. Nirvana, Nevermind.
15. Beyonce, Lemonade.
16. Led Zepellin, IV.
17. Radiohead, Pablo Honey.
18. Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed.
19. Teenage Fanclub, Bandwagonesque.
20. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses.
21. Sex Pistols, Never Mind The Bollocks.
22. The Beatles, White Album.
23. Kanye West, Yeezus.